8.10.2007

Sad news

I wasn't going to post about this but I figured since I had started telling everyone about our journey to parenthood on here I might as well update everyone. I had an HSG (Hysterosalpingogram) test on August 9 and the results were not good. They found my right fallopian tube and ovary completely blocked and my left side has a blockage somewhere near my ovary. Needless to say, we were devastated. We are trying not to see it as we'll "never" have kids but the chances are very slim that we can have them on our own naturally. I am now searching for a reproductive endocrinologist who may be able to give us a few more answers. That is the hardest part; the blockages are unexplainable as of now. I have never had an STD or been told that I have had some infection in my reproductive organs. Those are the major causes for blocked tubes. I'm hoping the RE can order a laparoscopy to see if endometriosis may be the cause.

I know we have been terrible about updating our blog. I will try to rectify that as of now :) We just been pretty down lately and not much is going on. I am looking for a puppy and we went to the west side of the state last weekend to see the sand dunes and go to the beach. It rained though and put a damper on our beach plans!

I am so thankful that I have Tim in my life! He has been so understanding and helpful throughout our whole ordeal. I can only imagine how upset he is over the news. And even though we may never have children of our own, we will definitely have a family someday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Alanna,

Saw your post on our blog and thought I'd say hi on yours too. I check in here too periodically to see if there was any news on your hopes for a baby. I am so sorry to hear your latest new - I can imagine how tough that was to hear. I also had an HSG last year and remember being so scared to hear the results. We'd been trying about a year before we finally got pg with the twins. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that a RE can be of help. I take it they had not checked for endometriosis before?

9:21 PM  
Blogger The Sturtz Family said...

Hey Alanna! I know I already knew, but I'm still sad for you! I think about you often and miss you tons! I'm glad Tim is able to be so supportive, and I can't wait to see pictures of your puppy once you get them!

12:23 PM  
Blogger monica said...

I am so sorry for the sad news! In happier news, Kev and I want to get a puppy too, so maybe once we both have puppies they can have a playdate :)

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alanna-

I'm sorry about your news. I know you must be so frustrated. It is wonderful you have someone by your side who can be so supportive. I hope the RE can give you some answers. Take care of each other.

2:39 PM  
Blogger *Larry said...

Hang in there Alanna and tim! Don't spoil your new puppy toooo much!

6:35 PM  
Blogger The Sturtz Family said...

Hey girlie! you need to update your blog with pictures of your new puppy!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home