6.23.2006

The Silent Streak Ends

Hi Everyone!
It's been quite awhile since we updated. Even longer for me (Tim). Not really a whole lot going on I guess.
For those of you who didn't know, I have recently changed jobs. I was laid off back in March, and have now been at my new job for two weeks. I now work at McDonald Modular Solutions in Milford, MI (www.mcdonaldmodular.com). We lease and sell modular units, such as portable offices you see at construction sites and sporting events, etc. I am doing maintenance/prep on them right now, before they go out to customers. So far, I really like the job. I've realized I like this sort of work, ever since I left Motel 6 after we moved back from Syracuse. So anyway it's going good. Good pay and benefits, nice people, shorter drive and hours, and the opportunity to advance.
Alanna spent last weekend in NYC visiting her friend Mandy. She had a good time and left Timmy all alone to eat pizza, Quiznos, Taco Bell, and watch movies and Headbanger's Ball onm MTV2. And Jackass. That was the first time I've seen that show. Those guys are insane! But I laughed my ass off the whole time. So I had a good ol' time by myself, while my wife was partying in the Big Apple. She did stop at Virgin Records and buy me some Power Metal CDs. She's such a good wife. But hey, I cleaned the apartment while she was gone.
I'll let Alanna post her pics of the city.
Not much else going on. This weekend is the Balloonfest in Howell. Alanna and I went out on the lawn with a picnic blanket and two Heineken Lights to watch them launch from about 300 yards away. They'll launch tomorrow and Sunday also. We plan on checking out the festivities tomorrow when I get home from work (a rare work Saturday). We plan on eating elephant ears and cotton candy. And maybe a corny dog and pizza for me. Although, we both just joined Weight Watchers. It's been almost a week and I've lost about six pounds. It's tough but we want to do this.
Well I hope everybody is enjoying the spring/summer, and our return to posting blogs.

4 Comments:

Blogger *Larry said...

Congrats on your new job!!!

10:12 AM  
Blogger monica said...

It's nice to see a blog posting from you guys! Glad things are going well and hope to see more updates :)

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're posting again, and congrats on WW! I just joined myself (third time's the charm, eh?) so Alanna - we'll have to pass e-mails back and forth like we used to. Congrats on the new job, T!

Jenn

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job Tim! I just got a new job too!

I'm glad you've blogged too! I've missed reading what you guys are up to!

Miss ya!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home