2.09.2008

I've been learning a lot more about buying meat, produce, etc. from local farms and I think I found one near us that might be worth investigating. My first purchase from them will most likely be something simple but interesting to try: apple cider vinegar.

A coworker told me about a 'home remedy' for heartburn/acid indigestion that I am eager to try. She said that a friend of hers who had severe heartburn issues took 1 tablespoon of raw, unpasteurized, unfiltered apple cider vinegar every day for a while and he said his problems disappeared! He now only needs 1 tbsp every couple days or so. I am wanting to try this because within the last year or so I have developed major heartburn issues. I take a Pepcid almost twice a day every day. It seems that no matter what I eat or drink (even if it's nothing!) causes this heartburn. I am excited to maybe find something that is cheaper and more natural a remedy for this problem.

This farm has apple cider vinegar for sale and I hopefully will be able to get some soon. I am also eager to check out their farm and see what it might have to offer us for products this coming year. I am contemplating purchasing some Angus beef from them as well. I haven't talked to Tim about this yet, but I'm sure he won't disapprove! A membership to this farm is only a one time fee of $5!

The farm we are going to investigate is the Garden Patch Farm in Pinckney, MI.

I'll let you know how my experiment turns out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Alanna,
I work with patients that are in their 80s and 90s that were raised mostly in the south. They often have the oddest sounding remedies to problems that we treat with drugs these days. I have been told many times to take Apple Vinegar for heartburn! I don't have heartburn, but that is something that comes into conversation when we talk about old time remedies (like caster oil - YUCK!)
Erinn

6:59 PM  
Blogger monica said...

My dad has a book all about apple cider vinegar. You can use it from anything like helping your sunburn (put a little in a bath - my dad made me do this a couple years ago and I thought he was crazy, but it helped!) to killing weeds.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home