9.24.2006

Trying to conceive!

Yes, Tim and I are actively trying to conceive! We have been off the BC pills for a year now yet still no baby. Last month I visited my Gyn and told her that we were really ready this time to seriously try to conceive. We had talked about the use of Clomid (a fertility drug) last winter but at that point we were still not 100% sure we wanted to have a baby at that point in our lives. Needless to say, we decided about a month ago that we were really ready now and wanted to try all that we could to have a baby!

Some background (beware this post may be a little graphic!) on my situation. I do not ovulate on my own. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and I have numerous ovarian cysts which hinder my ovulation. I have been taking Provera for almost a year now every 3 months to induce a period. Even though the drug forces a period I still do not ovulate, hence, our inability to become pregnant.

I am a little concerned about becoming pregnant while still overweight however, it is more important to us to try to have a baby while we are still young and before I may not be able to become pregnant. We are not even sure that using Clomid will help us get pregnant. This is all still trial and error. I am still actively losing weight and will continue to do so until I become pregnant. I've lost 9lbs so far! I am still trying to lose weight that was gained after our move back here to MI from NY. Ugh!

So, today marks cycle day 7 and Day 3 of being on Clomid. Tonight also marks the first night we can DTD and will do so every other day for a week. Next Friday, cycle day 12, I have an ultrasound scheduled to see if the dosage of Clomid was appropriate, etc. Wish us luck!! We are really praying that we can conceive within 6 cycles of Clomid. Otherwise, it will be time to try something else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home