4.02.2004

The Critic Speaks Again

Well it's Friday night, and Alanna and I just finished watching another flick. Here's a quick review.

Movie: In The Cut
Starring: Meg Ryan, Mark Ruffalo, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Kevin Bacon in a small role
Run Time: 118 minutes
Rating on All Movie dot com: 2 1/2 stars out of 5
My Rating: 1 1/2 stars out of 5

Boy, out of the four movies we rented last week this one was probably 2nd best, and that's not saying a whole lot. I was thinking a psychological thriller with suspense at every turn. There were no thrills. It was somewhat suspenseful and made you try to figure out the bad guy, but too slow a movie. Meg Ryan is a sexually frustrated English teacher/ writer, who gets involved with a homicide detective working on a murder case. One of the victims winds up outside her apartment, and that's how they meet. She knows/ thinks he is a lying, perverted cop, but intrigued all the same. In the movie she thinks him a suspect, an ex-lover (Kevin Bacon) and also one of her students with a John Wayne Gacy fixation. I feel I should let you all find out yourselves who the killer is, but I would also not subject this movie to you in good conscience to make you find out. Hmmm...what should I say?
Anyway Alanna and I couldn't wait to get through this. After what I thought was almost 2 hours I looked at the counter on the DVD player to find out we had 45 minutes left. Ouch. In summary, I can describe this movie in two words: Bore ring!

Coming Sunday: Hellboy. I'm going to see it with T, who is Alanna's friend Mandy's boyfriend, and our friend too. Anyway rush back to this site around 4:00 to see my review. It looks to be good, even though I know very little about the comic book character, except what I've read on the net lately.

Well tomorrow I'm going to work to paint the walls in one of the stairways. We are having some big-wigs from corporate come to inspect on Tuesday. I've been working since yesterday to tear down old wallpaper and patch the drywall. Tomorrow will be priming and hopefully painting. But I still have Monday to work on it.

OK I'm boring even myself now, so I'll bid you all adieu.

Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home