5.07.2004

New Movie Review!

Hello folks! I know you've all been waiting on the edge of your seats for a new movie review. I also know I promised I'd do "Matrix Revolutions", but I've yet to watch it. But I will someday. Tonight however, we went to the $1.50 theater with Angie, to watch "Taking Lives." My review begins...now.

Movie: Taking Lives
Starring: Angelina Jolie, Ethan Hawk, Keifer Sutherland.
Run Time: 103 minutes
Rating on All Movie dot com: 2 1/2 stars out of 5
My Rating: 3 1/2 stars out of 5

This was a good psychological suspense thriller. I hope you enjoyed this review!

Ha,ha,ha. OK seriously, I liked it. It had some good twists and suspense, and some catch-you-off-guard scary moments. I love that in movies! Especially when it's dark in the theater or living room. Anywho, Angelina Jolie is Ileana Scott, FBI agent and serial killer profiler. She is contacted by a friend in Montreal, Canada to help out with a serial killer investigation. This killer has been "taking lives" for almost two decades. Not only does he "take lives", but he "takes lives." Understand? OK, he kills people, then assumes that person's identity, until he's bored and needs a change. Thus the dual meaning of the movie title. Get it now? Good. So finally there's a witness to one murder, and it's a struggling artist played by Ethan Hawk. His name in the movie is John Costa. So Costa is a witness, and he is soon used as bait to catch the killer, presumably played by Keifer Sutherland. But there's a few twists to this film, and I feel I should not divulge them until you see it. All I can say is that at one point, I thought the movie was over, and was slightly dissapointed at the ending. But I was wrong, it went on for another half hour or so. That was kind of disconcerting, as it seemed the movie was already an hour and a half long. So the movie goes on, and we find out all the truths. The flick keeps you guessing though, and that's what I like. When it was over for real, it seemed at least 2 hours, but it was only an hour forty. That was the only drawback to this piece of cinematography. I though it was over once, and that leaves me a little anxious to leave. I guess that's what makes a good twist.
So I would recommend this movie as a rental or $1.50 theater like we attended tonight. I hope you all enjoy it. But more importantly, I hope you enjoyed this review!

Coming soon, I swear: Matrix Revolutions. What else do I have to do since The Red Wings were eliminated from playoffs. Arrghh!!

Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home