7.22.2004

It's Vacation Time!

Saturday morning Tim and I leave for our Michigan/Colorado vacation and we can't wait! Getting out of Syracuse for a bit will be a plus, but seeing our friends and family is an even bigger plus. We'll be in MI for a bit and then we head out to CO for Julie and Matt's wedding. Tim's never been to CO and he can't wait to see the mountains. I'm sure we'll have lots of cool pics to post when we get back.

My teaching went well. Only one girl told us that we were wrong most of the time and one girl started leaking fluid and I thought "please God don't have this baby now!" She didn't. My daycare volunteering is going well. I should be done with my 42 hours by the time school starts. I'm having a lot of fun playing with the babies!

This morning I had a rude awakening at 9am. I woke up to the sound of lots of men outside and cars pulling up into our driving way. I thought I was being invaded! Turns out it was the landlord and his crew starting to paint our house (which he never warned us about). I was so mad because I was dead asleep and it was scary! We don't exactly live in the greatest of 'hoods. At the end of the day, they hadn't painted much and left tons of trash outside on our lawn. Not to mention that most of the time I saw them outside 'working' they were hanging out on our porches chit-chatting. I have a feeling they are going to milk this for all it's worth. Of course they couldn't give me a time estimate on how long it will take. We're a little nervous about leaving the house unattended but my friend Mandy will be coming by to take care of the kitties so at least they will see someone going in and out of the house.

Hope all is well with everyone and we'll see some of you real soon! Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home