5.09.2004

Kill Bill Volume 1

OK, as promised, here's a review.

Movie: Kill Bill Volume 1
Starring: Uma Thurman, Lucy Liu, Darryl Hannah, David Carridine, Vivica Fox
Run Time: 107 Minutes
Rating on All Movie dot com: 4 stars out of 5
My Rating: 2 out of 5

Part black and white film, part Japanese Anime, and mostly regular color non-cartoon. This movie has lots of blood and death. The black and white part shows alot of that blood, which is good. Blood sprays everywhere, and unrealistically I might add. I remember why I'm not a Quentin Tarantino fan. I didn't care for "Pulp Fiction" or "Jackie Brown" or one of the worst movies ever, "From Dusk Till Dawn." I didn't care too much for Kill Bill either.
A former assassin decides to get married and quit the past life, but her old boss doesn't like it. So he has his team of killers massacre her and nine others at the small ceremony. "The Bride", Uma Thurman, survives in a coma for 4 years, then goes to get revenge on the five people involved on the "death list five." We see her journey from coma to Okinawa to meet a Japanese sword maker, then to Tokyo to find Lucy Liu. Later she goes to find Vivica Fox, but that actually comes earlier in the movie. It's a flashback to Lucy Liu and her gang. Obviously, the movie has two volumes, so she hasn't gotten to Bill yet. I'm sure I'll watch part 2, even though I'm sure I won't be to thrilled about it. Maybe this is one of those movies I'll have to grow into after repeated viewings, if I can bring myself to that. We'll see. I'll give Tarantino credit for having some imagination, even if I think he really needs psychiatric help.

Alanna informed me that my previous review had some typos and stuff. I've been sick since last night (not Tarantino sick), so I have an excuse. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Now if you'll excuse me, time to take some Dayquill and Halls.

Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home