3.17.2005

Just A Good Ol' Boys...

...Never meanin' no harm
Beats all you never saw
Been in trouble with the law
Since the day they was born...

You know the "Dukes of Hazzard" theme song, by Waylon Jennings!

Well I thought I'd make two posts tonight.

Recently I've finished Season 1 of the Dukes. A lady from our church group, Dawn, bought it on DVD and let me borrow it. Memories...
You got to love that show. The General Lee, Daisy Duke, Boss Hogg, Daisy Duke, Bo and Luke, Daisy, Roscoe, Daisy, and Cooter. Cooter was my brother's nickname growing up. (Ha Ha Matt, everybody knows now!) I guess I shouldn't talk, mine was Bushk. Anyway, The General Lee was the real star of the show. The greatest car ever made, the 1969 Dodge Charger. One day I will have one, along with a PRS Guitar (right hon?).

I couldn't believe how wonderfully cheesy that show was. The impossible jumps, the bumbling sheriff who always lets the Dukes escape, Daisy Duke, and don't forget the "Dixie" horn on The General. And three adult cousins getting told what to do by Uncle Jessie. What a great show!
Dawn has season two also, but this Sunday is our last day of group, so I'll have to wait on that. But did you notice all of the old TV shows coming out on DVD now? Night Court, Magnum P.I., Knight Rider (Hell yeah!), Golden Girls, Punky Brewster, and on and on. I hope He-man comes back, ha, ha! By the power of Greyskull (oh my God I remember that). I so want to relive those old memories. Maybe someday!

Retro-ly yours,
Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home