4.04.2004

Hell(boy) of a Movie!

Greetings fellow movie lovers! T and I just watched "Hellboy" at the theater today. My review follows for your pleasure.

Movie: Aren't you paying attention? I just told you!
Starring: Ron Perlman, John Hurt, Selma Blair, Rupert Evans
Run Time: 125 minutes
Rating on All Movie dot com: 4 stars out of 5
My Rating: I concur!

This was a pretty darned good flick. It definitely exceeded any expectations I had. There was a pretty good story line, and lots of action and cool special effects, and a little humor too. Hellboy says enough one-liners to make "The Governator" proud, and to make James Bond raise his shaken-not-stirred martini glass in approval.
For those of you who don't know, Hellboy is actually one of the good guys, groomed for the last 60 years to fight evil. Of course 60 of our years are like 20 of his years. Anyway, back in WWII, the Nazis were trying to open this portal to let some evil into our world. The good guys tried to stop it, and were partly successful. The bad guys were brought back years later, but Hellboy as a baby somehow made it through, and was raised by this paranormal professor. Well the bad guys come back, trying to capture Hellboy and make him open the portal. That's the gist of it. It all makes for a wonderfully visual experience on the silver screen. (Bet ya didn't know I could write like that). This will probably be a great DVD when it comes out. I know I'll get it. If you like sci-fi action flicks, I recommend it to you. Enjoy.

Coming later tonight (if I'm not too tired to watch it): "The Missing"

Tim
"Watching the good movies to enhance your entertainment, watching the bad movies so you don't have to."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home