4.05.2004

Missing

Hello again! It's time for my review for "The Missing". I know I said I'd post it last night, but obviously I "missed" the chance to watch it. I hope you all didn't "miss" me too much. Ok enough of that, I'll get right to it.

Movie: The Missing
Starring: Tommy Lee Jones, Cate Blanchett
Run Time: 137 minutes
Rating on All Movie dot com: 3 out of 5 stars
My Rating: about the same

All in all this was a pretty good movie. It's set in New Mexico in 1885. Tommy Lee Jones left his family years ago to become like an Apache Indian (Native American for the PC). Anyway before the movie takes place, he was bitten by a rattlesnake and was told to go take care of his family as part of the cure, I guess. Well his daughter is grown up and has 2 daughters of her own, dead husband. She has a boyfriend. Well, she wants nothing to do with her dad, so he leaves. Then her man and the ranch hand and her daughters take off to herd some cattle. Well one daughter is kidnapped, the other left behind, and the two guys...well you'll see. So Mr. Jones (that's Tommy's name in the movie too) learns of this and wants to help get the eldest daughter back. She, along with other girls, are kidnapped in order to be sold later. They're 'napped by Indians and a couple white men. The head guy is an Indian witch. Well Tommy and company trail them toward Mexico to get them back.

The movie is good, I liked it. Alanna thought it was alright but somewhat slow. I guess I see her point. But I enjoyed it. There are three alternate endings on the DVD. Being the good reviewer I am and trying to give you your money's worth, I watched all 3 alternates. That, I admit, was a waste of time, since they were just longer versions of each other. There were no different endings, such as aliens coming down to beam people up, so I was a little dissapointed. But oh well, now you know, movie lover.

Well I'm thinking about doing some retro reviews from my favorite flicks in the past. 80's flicks such as "Fletch" (one of my all time faves) or "Spaceballs". Let me know what you think. I need popular demand. Oh and let me know if you would like me to review something. I may do it, even without watching it. I'm that good. Maybe I'll start reviewing CDs too, just because I'm liking writing lately. But of course they'll all be kick ass Rock 'n' Roll discs.

In other news, today was a 10 hour day at work. The big wigs will be touring the motel tomorrow, and they'll let me know all of the little things I should do, such as wipe down bathroom ceilings or remove a spider web that housekeepers won't touch. I have to go in at 7:00 am, because they start at 7:30. So why am I still up typing this? I gots to go catch some zzzzz's.

Tim
"Watching the good movies to enhance your entertainment, watching the bad movies so you don't have to."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home